A big congratulation to Beyonce and Jay-Z. They just were named the top-earning couple of the year 2009. Forbes magazine has the duo at the top of their list for raking with an income of $122 millions in 2009.
Just as you can imagine, this is a lot. But just to make things even better, they made in 2009, $40 million more than in 2008. A clever combination of hit songs, fashion lines, and endorsement deals secured them the number one spot once again.
Of course, Beyonce and Jay-Z had different incomes. Beyonce won the most in 2009; she made almost $87 million, while Jay-Z had an income of $35 million. The famous couple (or ex-couple now) Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are 3rd on Forbes magazine list with an income of $55 million.
However, they are so low on this top just because they give so much money to charity. We can’t say that Beyonce is not doing charity work. She does as well but nothing compared with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
Also making the top 10 are Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and their pals David Beckham and Victoria Beckham. Here’s a list of the top 15 earning couples:
1) Jay-Z & Beyonce Knowles - $122 million
2) Harrison Ford & Calista Flockhart - $69 million
3) Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie -$55 million
4) Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith - $48 million
5) David & Victoria Beckham - $46 million
6) Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi - $36 million
7) Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson - $35.5 million
8) Jim Carrey & Jenny McCarthy - $34 million
9) Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes - $33.5 million
10) Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow - $33 million
11) Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick - $29 million
12) Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - $28 million
13) Eva Longoria & Tony Parker - $22 million
14) Katherine Heigl & Josh Kelley - $20 million
15) Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban - $17 million